What Was Your Classic Dream?

Looking at the title, it instantly brought a smile to my face for two reasons:

The question might cause some folks to scramble through there memory banks to remember that one “classic dream” from past slumbers; or
Trigger memories from competitive oriented bass fisher-people about fishing the “Classic” … the Bassmaster Classic that is!
Okay, I’ll confess, I was one of those in the second group during times I remained active in federated bass clubs.  During those years, I tried to make work my way via the BASS Federation pathway like Jeff Freeman did to gain a berth in this year’s Classic.

The flame started more than a few years ago (more like a few decades) and remained fairly active through the early 90’s until other priorities took hold.

After watching the events of the past two weeks culminating in the three days of the 2010 Bassmaster Classic this past weekend, it seems a small piece of steel struck some flint … we’ll just have to see where it leads